This policy/procedure ensures that Inspiritive Pty Ltd provides appropriate information prior to enrolment that allows all potential students to make an informed decision to study with the RTO. It also ensures a consistent enrolment process will be implemented for all domestic students and that appropriate records will be maintained in all student files.
Inspiritive Pty Ltd will assess all potential student enrolment applications to ensure they meet the enrolment requirements of the course and to confirm their ability to complete the qualification.
The following procedure explains the process that is to be undertaken to enrol a student into a course of study. This process involves the student.
2.1 Pre-Enrolment information:
Students must be provided with the Student Handbook prior to enrolment. This document must contain information on:
- General Information ( including trainee guarantee)
- Student Attendance and Behaviour
- Complaints and Appeals
- Equity Commitment
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Access to Student Records
- Student Support Services
- Competency-Based Training and Assessment Process
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Course Fee Refunds,
All students must complete an enrolment form to confirm their enrolment. The Enrolment Form shall contain as a minimum the following information:
- Identify the course or courses in which the student is to be enrolled and any conditions on his or her enrolment;
- Ask all AVETMISS questions
- Advise the student of his or her obligation to notify the registered provider of a change of address while enrolled in the course
- A declaration that all information, conditions, details of the enrolment are understood.
Pre- Training Review
The student is required to complete a LLN Activity to assess their language, literacy and numeracy ability to complete the course. This Activity forms part of the Pre- Training Review. This test will be assessed by a qualified Trainer and Assessor If the student cannot complete the LLN test satisfactorily then an LLN Report will be completed which includes the required action to be taken to assist the student to be able to complete the course. If the students academic issues are not able to be supported by the RTO internally, they will be recommended to the appropriate external support service.
All learners must meet the entry requirements for the course, including any requirements specific for VET Fee Help students
External Site Checklist
Where a course is to be completed at an external site, a College representative is required to visit the site to complete the relevant External Site Checklist. If the the representative deems that the workplace does not have the appropriate facilities, equipment and resources to meet the Training Package Requirements, then the student will not be able to complete the course enrolment, and the reasons will be identified to the student and the employer.
2.4 Unique Student Identifier
- It is a requirement that all learners must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to Inspiritive Pty Ltd before a qualification or statement of attainment can be issued.
- Upon receipt of an enquiry from a prospective learner Inspiritive Pty Ltd will include in the information provided to the enquirer that they must provide a USI when they enrol, and will be directed to the USI website at http://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
- Inspiritive Pty Ltd will include provision for the USI on the enrolment form
- Upon receipt of an enrolment form from a learner, Inspiritive Pty Ltd will confirm that the USI has been included on the enrolment form, and will verify that this USI is correct by using the Student Management System to check the USI through the USI Registry System
- If the learner has not included the USI on the enrolment form, they will be contacted and advised that the USI is required before any qualification of statement of attainment can be issued
- If the USI check returns a not valid response, the learner will be contacted and the USI will be confirmed. A further check will be made through the USI Registry System
- A notation will be made on the enrolment form that the USI has been confirmed as correct
- The confirmed USI will be included in the student details on the Student Management System
- Prior to the issuing of a Qualification or Statement of Attainment, the RTO Manager will confirm that the student information on the Student Management System includes the learners USI
- The signed Enrolment Form will be kept on the students file along with all other documents relevant to the students enrolment such as the LLN Test and LLN Report (if applicable), External Site Checklist,
- Any original documents submitted as part of the enrolment process will be copied and maintained on the student file. All originals will be returned to the student.